Report a missing person
If someone you know has gone missing or you’ve seen, or have information about, a missing person, please get in touch. Find out below how to get help from the police and other organisations.
Are they in immediate danger?
If the missing person is in immediate danger, is a young child or vulnerable to harm, call 999 now.If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 60066 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.
Trace a person I haven't seen or heard from in days, weeks or months
Thank you. In this situation we'd always advise you to take these steps first.
- Ask mutual friends and family if they've seen or heard from the person.
- Pay a visit to their home or ask someone to call round.
- Ask their neighbours or colleagues at work.
The following charities may also be able to help.
- Salvation Army Family Tracing Service, a UK charity reuniting families who have lost touch or been separated.
- Reunite International, a UK charity specialising in the movement of children across international borders.
If you have no success and you're still concerned about a person's well-being, please call us on 101.